If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (562) 698-5368

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Causes of Fire Damage

12/24/2022 (Permalink)

Kitchen fire damage If you have Fire Damage in your home call SERVPRO of Whittier

Causes of Fire Damage

A fire is a traumatic experience. It can be hard to imagine, but the damage from a fire goes far beyond what's visible on the surface. The smoke and soot left behind by a faulty fire cleanup job can cause structural issues and permanent damage to your home or business. That's why it's important to be aware of some of the common signs that indicate poor fire cleanup techniques — and what you need to do if you suspect they're happening in your home after an emergency like this.

Fire Damage

If you have experienced a fire, it is very important to recognize how the smoke has settled into your home. Fire damage can be hidden beneath surfaces and may not be apparent on first inspection. Be sure to carefully inspect the entire house for possible signs of poor fire cleanup techniques or other lingering effects from the blaze. Smoke residue can cause permanent stains, lingering odors, and mold growth if not properly addressed.

Water Damage

When water damage occurs, mold can develop. Mold is often hidden in walls, floors, and ceilings. Water damage is caused by leaks, floods, and storms. It can also be caused by broken pipes, burst water tanks, and burst water lines.

Smoke and Soot Damage

It's easy to think of smoke and soot damage as something that only happens after a fire, but it can also occur without any flames or smoke. If your home was damaged by a flood, or if you live in an area with high levels of air pollution, then you may be at risk for this type of mold contamination.

Smoke and soot damage can come from a variety of sources:

  • Fires
  • Chemicals that were used to put out fires
  • Chemical spills (such as oil spills)

The Importance of Fast Response by Emergency Services

If you have been the victim of a fire, it is crucial that you work with a professional fire cleanup company. It is important to use the right equipment and chemicals for removing water and smoke damage from your home. This article will outline what these items are, but first.

The Importance of Working with a Professional Fire Cleanup Company

A great tip for success in both restoring your property and keeping your family safe is to hire an expert mold remediation company. A professional team will bring experience, knowledge, and expertise to the job at hand - ensuring that they take care of all aspects involved in this process efficiently so that you can get back into living in your home as soon as possible!

Warnings of a Poorly Handled Fire Clean-Up Job

One of the most common causes of mold growth is fire damage. If you suspect that you have experienced a fire, it is advisable to check for signs of a poorly handled fire cleanup job. These include:

  • Mold growth in areas where there should not be any
  • Water damage or other visible signs of smoke and soot damage

If you have any reason to suspect that something has gone wrong with the restoration process at all, then it would be best to seek professional help before proceeding with any further cleaning efforts yourself.

Damaged Structures and Furnishings

Mold can also grow on any damaged wood and other materials. Mold tends to grow in the walls, ceilings, floors, and furniture of your home if there are leaks or water problems. It can even grow on clothing and other fabrics that have been exposed to a lot of moisture. 

Mold grows on books and papers as well because they contain cellulose which is what most molds feed off when they look for food sources in order to survive.

Lingering Odors

You may be wondering if this can happen to you. If you smell an odor that’s a little funky, it could be a sign of mold growing in your home. Mold often grows in hidden places like behind walls or under floors. It can also grow on the surfaces of walls and ceilings, as well as inside plumbing fixtures and other areas where water accumulates.

If you have mold growing in your home and it is left untreated, the spores will spread through the air and cause various problems to your property. Getting rid of the mold quickly is important so that everyone who lives in your house stays safe.

Apparent fire damage can be hidden beneath surfaces. 

Be sure to carefully inspect the entire house for possible signs of poor fire cleanup techniques. Mold can grow on many surfaces, including wood, drywall, carpet, and insulation. Mold may also grow in the air if moisture is present because of water leaks or improper ventilation (excess humidity). The spores of some species are released into the air when disturbed by activities such as sweeping or washing with water that has not yet dried.

While we may not be able to stop fires, water damage, and other disasters from happening, we can be sure that our homes are properly cleaned up when they do occur. When choosing a fire cleanup company, remember that time is of the essence. There’s no room for slip-ups when it comes to your home or office; every second counts when it comes to preventing further damage.

Other News

View Recent Posts