How To Get the Smoke Out
The smell of smoke permeates your clothes, curtains, sofas, and walls. After a fire at your home in Whittier, CA does the odor ever come out? Yes, there are steps you can take to get rid of that unwelcome scent. Through a combination of dry-cleaning, wet-cleaning, and other techniques, a professional fire restoration specialist can help you enjoy your home again.
The smell of smoke sticks to the majority of your belongings. What contents of your home can be cleaned, and how?
- Smoke odors are removed from clothing using professional dry-cleaning.
- Fabrics and upholstery including furniture, rugs, curtains, and bedding are tested to see which method of cleaning is most appropriate. Cleaning may be wet or dry, depending on the item.
- Electronics can break down over time from exposure to smoke. The outside of these items is cleaned using proper techniques to prevent further damage.
- If your possessions must be removed from your home, the professionals categorize, inventory, and pack items before transporting the boxes to content storage. Content cleaning and deodorizing occur before you retrieve your belongings.
Smoke and grime coat the interior spaces of your house. What surfaces need to be cleaned?
- Smoke adheres to walls, carpeting, wood floors, and ceilings. These surfaces are tested and matched with the proper cleaning method.
- Many times, soot can be successfully cleaned. Other times, surfaces will be primed for painting or refinishing instead.
The smell of smoke remains in the air, even after the rest of the contents and structures are clean. How does the air get refreshed?
- The source of the odor is identified and targeted, rather than covered up by a fragrance.
- Two professional methods used include Ultra Low Volume (ULV) and thermal foggers.
The last thing you want after a fire in Whittier, CA is the daily reminder of smoke in your home. Through proper wet and dry-cleaning procedures, smoke and soot are eliminated. Partner with your homeowner’s insurance agency and a fire restoration company to return your home and contents to pre-fire condition.