Understanding the Costs of Mold Removal
Ways to Keep Down the Cost of Mold Remediation
The discovery of mold is one that no homeowner ever takes lightly. Mold growth can severely damage a home's structure and present other costly issues. For instance, mold removal alone costs, on average, anywhere between $500 and $6,000, but it can easily soar into the tens of thousands of dollars if the problem is allowed to fester for long enough. That said, there are a few ways you can keep the costs of mold remediation in Friendly Hills,CA, down. Those include the following:
- Hire an inspector to determine the true extent of the problem.
- Make sure the inspector uses all three types of testing: air sampling, surface testing and bulk testing.
- Hire a mold remediation specialist immediately after obtaining test results.
- Look to your insurer for help covering the cost of repairs.
Bear in mind that even if you take the above measures, there's still a good chance the cost of remediation will give you sticker shock. However, don't let that deter you from getting help, as the longer you wait, the costlier the damage will become.
How To Hire a Mold Inspector
Unfortunately, the mold industry is highly unregulated. To be sure you're hiring a true mold removal professional and not just someone with a website and enough knowledge to con you into paying a deposit, there are a few guidelines you should keep in mind:
- Qualified inspectors should possess an undergraduate degree in science or a related field.
- A true professional should have industry credentials, such as CIEC (Council-certified Indoor Environmental Consultant) or CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist).
- The right professional should provide you with a customized report that includes results from the surface and air samples.
Because inspections are key part of the black mold removal process, it is essential you do your due diligence before hiring an inspector.
Hire Your Mold Remediation Team
The mold inspector may or may not work for the remediation team you plan to hire. If he or she doesn't, send the results to your chosen mold cleanup team so he or she can devise a plan and begin the mold removal process as quickly as possible.